Local authorities have to consider the cost of not investing in inactivity. According to the National Institute of health and Care Excellence (NICE), inactivity is costing the national economy in England £8.2 billion per year. For local authorities, the cost of inactivity on average is £18 million per 100,000 people per year. These costs come from the direct impact inactivity has to increased likeliness of both physical and mental ill-health and the associated costs this has on public health services.
EverybodyActive is a digital, web-based platform which uses the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help users positively change their thinking and behaviour to increase physical activity.
to help people create long-lasting changes to the way in which they incorporate physical activity into their everyday lives.
- Users can draw on a diverse range of support and advice whenever they need it, 24-hours a day, all-year-round
- Users are able to develop a tailored programme to suit their needs
- Enables users to make ongoing assessments of their motivation levels to change their behaviour
- Underpinned by proven Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques, the platform facilitates behavioural change by supporting users to achieve measurable goals, offering educational resources and challenging misconceptions
- With a user-friendly interface and suggestive prompts for goals and targets, the platform is simple to use by the majority of people
- Users can engage in safe social tools to connect with friends - enabling peer group support/ mentoring
- Mobile optimised
- Analytic and reporting tools for organisations to measure outcomes
- An online journal allows users to record personal achievements, highlights and reflections.
What's the benefit?
- Increases overall physical activity score for local area
- Reduce the likeliness of long-terms conditions such as diabetes and heart disease creating substantial savings across local health organisations
- Improves patients physical and emotional well-being, reduces isolation through a supportive network, and creates a sense of empowerment
- People that are more physically active are also more likely to have positive mental health
- Online tool allows Council's to target a wider population and make a bigger overall impact to physical activity levels